Monday, November 2, 2009

James Dean weekends.

When I first watched the movie GIANT the only name I knew before was that of Elizabeth Taylor. But after watching the movie the only character I remembered was that of James Dean’s. I don’t even remember the name of the character now. But I cant seem to forget his brooding look in the film. Long after GIANT, I watched "Rebel Without a Cause". Now this man, is a movie, a cult one which truly deserves the status. Beautiful story and simply superb superb performances from all; not just Dean. But its Dean who shines and whines and steals your heart in the process. I don’t know what would have become of him if he was alive, but the movie was much more effective when we are watching after his death. Lucky fellow, never experienced old age and remains 24 forever.
I am planning to watch "East of Eden" this weekend and again watch Giant.

No comments: