Friday, July 3, 2009

A liking for the old..

I have watched 4 films these past weeks (read since my last update) and all of them made between 1930 to 1960.

Singin in the Rain: At last I saw the movie that made me curious from the time Vadivel sang the song…….
The movie is awesome. I will recommend it for solid entertainment.
This is movie as at least one seen that I have watched in recent movies and thought they were beautiful. Its like a creative directors dictionary. Watch it and you will know it.

The Heiress: A powerful adult drama, of a plain, shy good hearted heiress losing becoming a heard hearted woman due to the treatment meted out by the males in her life. (I have to say something here. I never use these terms males and females in general conversation apart from scientific ones, for as taught by our school father it is sort of derogatory, but today I have it mentioned in the blogs so because after watching the film I cant call them men).
Such moving acting by Olivia de Havilland, she sure deserves her Oscar.

A Street car named Desire: One of the best movies I have ever watched, if Marlon Brando’s handsome and animalistic character makes you detest. The schizophrenic and fading Blanche DuBois played by Vivien Leigh leaves you dumbstruck with a performance so real that I kept remembering the character very long after seeing the film. A film with such sincerity and a story so beautifully told and delicately handled is so rare to find.

Gone with the wind: A classic in every sense… You can never forget Vivien’s Scarlett. A rare film were a daring woman is portrayed as a heroine and not as a vamp.

No comments: